Our destination candles are a home favorite, conversation starter, and full of divine fragrances that are inspired by delectable staple recipes! Join us as we go week-by-week through the recipes that started it all…
WEEK ONE: GEORGIA PEACHES
Our Georgia candle is a by far a customer favorite, no matter your location. The creamy peach blend scent is equal parts summery, sweet, and subtle — certainly a must-have for your home during the spring and summer months…also known as peach season. As a Georgia native I can personally vouch for the peach state and tell you that it isn’t some old wives tale but that the peaches in Georgia really are just better! Our recipe box is full of peach recipe favorites but nothing fills a house like the smell of simmering peach syrup. And what do you need peach syrup for? Peach tea!
GET YOUR VERY OWN SLICE OF PEACH CANDLE HEAVEN HERE!
YOU WILL NEED:
3 FRESH SLICED PEACHES (NO SKIN)
1 CUP SUGAR
ENOUGH WATER TO COVER THE PEACH SLICES IN A SAUCE PAN
YOUR FAVORITE BREWING TEA
1. SLICE & SKIN YOUR PEACHES
2. PLACE IN SAUCEPAN WITH WATER
3. ADD SUGAR
4. BRING TO BOIL UNTIL SUGAR IS DISSOLVED, REDUCE TO SIMMER.
5. CRUSH/STIR PEACHES TO RELEASE JUICES
6. COVER AND ALLOW TO SIT FOR 30 MINUTES.
7. BREW TEA PER INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUR BOX OF TEA BAGS. ALLOW TO COOL TO ROOM TEMPERATURE
8. AFTER YOUR TEA HAS BEEN MADE MIX IN YOUR PEACH SYRUP
**DEPENDING ON YOUR PREFERENCE YOU MAY WANT TO STRAIN YOUR SYRUP TO KEEP THE FRUIT FROM GOING INTO YOUR TEA PITCHER. IF SERVING IMMEDIATELY, I DON’T MIND A LITTLE PEACH MINGLING’, BUT IF BEING MADE TO BE STORED I’D OPT TO STRAIN TO KEEP THE PEACH BITS FROM SPOILING.